Electrochemical routes for industrial synthesis - SciELO
Comparison of analogues which inhibit cholesterol and fatty acid synthesis.
Electrochemical routes for industrial synthesis
Graphite-coated magnetic FeCo core-shell nanocrystals for few-cells enrichment and detection were reported . FeCo nanocrystals were synthesized by a chemical vapor deposition method and became water soluble via coating the graphite shell with DSPE-PEG-NH2 and C18-PMH-mPEG polymers, while preventing the magnetic core from oxidation and degradation. These functionalized MNPs were stable and suitable for significant biological applications, such as cell staining, manipulation, cancer cell separation, enrichment and detection. The MNPs -stained cells showed directed motions under external magnetic manipulation.
Valero demonstrated the synthesis of carbohydrate-coated SPIONs as MRI nanoprobes . They showed the pH-driven assembly-disassembly natural process that occurred in apoferritin and found it effective for encapsulating maghemite SPIONs of 4 and 6 nm. The SPIONs were further functionalized with two carbohydrates, -acetyl-D-glucosamine and D-mannose vinyl sulfone derivatives. The representative mouse brain images acquired before and 120 s after administration of contrast agents and corresponding regional cerebral blood volume maps (rCBV) maps are shown in Figure . Similar to Endorem, post-contrast images and rCBV maps obtained with Apomaghemite samples depicted very well the space arrangement of cerebral vessels. This study confirmed that Apomaghemite SPIONs could serve as promising contrast agents. Furthermore, the carbohydrate-functionalized Apomaghemite NPs retained their recognition abilities, as demonstrated by the strong affinity with their corresponding carbohydrate-binding lectins.
Ionic Liquids in the Chemical Synthesis of Pharmaceuticals
23. Kim BH, Lee N, Kim H, Am K, Park YI, Choi Y, Shin K, Lee Y, Kwon SG, Na HB, Park J-G, Ahn T-Y, Kim Y-W, Moon WK, Choi SH, Hyeon T. Large-scale synthesis of uniform and extremely small-sized iron oxide nanoparticles for high-resolution 1 magnetic resonance imaging contrast agents. 2011;133:12624-31
19. Narain R, Gonzales M, Hoffman AS, Stayton PS, Krishnan KM. Synthesis of monodisperse biotinylated p(NIPAAM)-coated iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles and their bioconjugation to streptavidin. 2007;23:6299-6304
Ionic liquids for synthesis of inorganic nanomaterials - …
Antibodies are proteins with special Y- shapes. They can specifically recognize and bind to antigens in both the recognition phase (cellular receptors) and during the effectors phase (synthesis and secretion) of humoral immunity. Active targeting by monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) combined with SPION is a promising technology for magnetic resonance imaging.
Ionic liquids are considered as organic solvents with high polarity and a pre-organized solvent structure. Crystalline NPs can be synthesized by using ionic liquid at ambient temperature . Warner and coworkers have developed magnetic NPs coated with a group of uniform materials based on organic salts by using ion exchange water-in-oil (w/o) microemulsion approach . These MNPs could potentially be applied in drug delivery, MRI and protein separations.
Ionic Liquids - Organic chemistry
Santos * ICEMS-DEQB, Instituto Superior Técnico, TU Lisbon, Av
Gold nanorods have been synthesized by photochemically reducing gold ions within a micellar solution
General & Introductory Chemistry
Synthesis and Characterization of Functionalized Ionic Liquid-Stabilized Metal (Gold and Platinum) ..
A non-ionic surfactant has no charged groups in its head
Synthesis and Properties of Trigeminal Tricationic Ionic Liquids - DeepDyve
Review of the synthesis of layered double hydroxides: …
45. Ang CY, Giam L, Chan ZM, Lin AWH, Gu H, Devlin E, Papaefthymiou GC, Selvan ST, Ying JY. Facile synthesis of Fe2O3 nanocrystals without Fe(CO)5 precursor and one-pot synthesis of highly fluorescent Fe2O3-CdSe nanocomposites. 2009;21:869-73
Photochemical Synthesis of Gold Nanorods - Journal …
43. Selvan ST, Patra PK, Ang CY, Ying JK. Synthesis of silica-coated semiconductor and magnetic quantum dots and their use in the imaging of live cells. 2007;46:2448-52
Listing of New Books in Electrochemistry
46. Lin AWH, Ang CY, Patra PK, Han Y, Gu H, LeBreton JM, Juraszek J, Chiron H, Papaefthymiou GC, Selvan ST, Ying JY. Seed-mediated synthesis, properties and application of γ-Fe2O3-CdSe magnetic quantum dots. 2011;184:2150-8
Multifunctional Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for …
39. Antonietti M, Kuang D, Smarsly B, Zhou Y. Ionic liquids for the convenient synthesis of functional nanoparticles and other inorganic nanostructures. 2004;43:4988-92
Theranostics 2013; 3(12):986-1003
56. Jarett BR, Gustafsson B, Kukis DL, Louie AY. Synthesis of 64Cu-labeled magnetic nanoparticles for multimodal imaging. 2008;19:1496-1504
Water structure science: References 1501 - 1600
Folate-conjugated SPIONs were used for solid tumor targeting in specific magnetic hyperthermia mediators . The folate surface of maghemite NPs could recognize the folate receptor and was proven by folate receptor expressing cell lines or by radio-labeled folic acid in competitive binding experiments. Water-dispersible sugar-coated SPIONs were designed as magnetic fluid hyperthermia heat mediators and 2 negative contrast agents for MRI . SPIONs of ca. 16-18 nm had good transverse relaxivity and large heat release upon application of radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic radiation with amplitude and frequency close to the human tolerance limit. The authors claimed that these particles could be used as an efficient bifunctional targeting system for theranostic applications. Initially, the hydrophobic oleic acid stabilized SPIONs synthesized via thermal decomposition method were made water soluble by the displacement of the stabilizing agents, and by covalent grafting of the carbohydrate derivatives via the phosphonate function.
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."