Photosynthesis - PSII - The Student Room
Mar 12, 2015 · PSII-LHCII supercomplex organizations in photosynthetic membrane by coarse-grained simulation
Chemistry for Biologists: Photosynthesis
1. Barber, James, 6:43-51 (2004)
2. Ferreira, Kristina, Iverson, Tina, Maghlaoui, Karim, Barber, James, , Science 303:1831-1837 (2004)
3. Govindjee and Krogmann, David, , Photosynthesis Research 80:15-57 (2004)
4. Govindjee and Orr, Larry, , Departments of Biochemistry and Plant Biology and Center of Biophysics & Computational Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL and Center for the Study of Early Events in Photosynthesis, Arizona State University respectively (2005)
5. Govindjee, J. T. Beatty, H. Gest, and J. F. Allen, eds., , Springer, Dordrecht (2005). pp. 119-129
6. Govindjee, J. T. Beatty, and H. Gest eds., special issue: , Photosynthesis Research 76:93-103
7. Crofts, Anthony, , Crofts Laboratory, University of Illinois
8. Haumann, Micahel, and Junge, Wolfgang, , Biochem. Biophys. Acta 1411:1-6 (1999)
9. Hillier, Warwick and Wydrzynski, Tom, Complex of Photosystem II Vary Independently during S-State Turnover, Biochemistry 200, 39:4399-4405 (2000)
10. J.P. and Shock, E.L., . FEMS Microbiology Reviews 25:175-243 (2001)
11. Kok, B., B. Forbush, and M. McGloin. 1970. . 11:467?475.
12. McEvoy, James P., Gascon, Jose A. , , Photosynthesis: Fundamental Aspects ot Global Perspectives, A. van der Est and D. Bruce, Eds., 278-80 (2005)
13. Messinger, Johannes, , Phys. Chem. 6:4764-4771 (2004)
14. Zouni, Athina, Horst-Tobias Witt, Kern, Jan et al. , Nature 409:739-743 (2001)
15. Homann, P. H., . Discovery and early research - a tribute to Hans Gaffron and his coworkers. Invited contribution. (2003)
16. , Photosynthesis Center, AZ State Univ.
17. Des Marais, David J., , , NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
18. Rutherford and Boussac, , 1782-1784 (2004)
19. Cook, Steve, (and other biochem subjects) - an academic site for students.
20. Kondratieva, Elena N., Pfennig, Norbert, Truper, Hans G., , from The Prokaryotes, an Evolving Electronic Resource (1991-2006).
21. Whitmarsh, John and Govindjee, , Concepts in Photobiology (1997).
This reduction requires a steady supply of electrons and protons (reducing equivalents) These reducing equivalents are provided by a second photosystem which oxidizes water to molecular oxygen. Photosystem II uses the energy from a second photon to reduce plastoquinone QH2.
The Z-Scheme Diagram of Photosynthesis
Advanced underwater fluorometer offering saturation pulse analysis of photosynthesis in situ. First PAM system permitting spectral analysis of light as well as of sample reflectance and fluorescence.
Oxygenic photosynthesis occurs in, among others, eukaryotic microorganisms like algae and in bacteria such as cyanobacteria; the same mechanism is at work in both. Electron flow happens through two different electron transport chains that are connected; together, these electron transport chains are called the . The stars of each chain are photosystem I (PSI) and photosystem II (PSII), each containing chlorophyll reaction centers surrounded by antenna pigments.
Electron Transfer Pathway from Water to NADP in photosynthesis
In the perennial herbaceous wintergreen plant (bugle), the photosynthetic apparatus (PSA) is reorganised during winter. The aim of this work was to examine the structural changes in the pigment–protein complexes of PSA. Changes in aggregation of the thylakoid protein complexes were observed including a restructuring of the PSI–PSII megacomplex and the PSII–LHCII supercomplex parallel to changes in the zeaxanthin-dependent protective mechanism.
Leaf carbon isotope composition (δ13C) has been used to screen for water-use efficiency in C3 plants, but gaps in the understanding of factors influencing δ13C have limited its application in C4 species. This study exploited maize genetic diversity to explore biochemical and post-photosynthetic factors that may influence δ13C. Our findings indicate that the observed variation in leaf carbon isotope composition across diverse maize lines is likely driven by differences in stomatal and mesophyll conductance and not photosynthetic or respiratory metabolism.
Photosynthesis: Crash Course Biology #8 - YouTube
Light-dependent reactions - Wikipedia
photosystem - PS1 ,PS2
The light-dependent reactions (article) | Khan Academy
Photosynthesis in Plants
The Process of Photosynthesis in Plants: An Overview
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."